Monday, September 13, 2010

Dad's Hot Salsa

My Dad has been making salsa for years. He's always coming up with a new recipe. They are always so good. When I went home for my sister's wedding last year this was his latest salsa recipe. I seem to live in the land of bland when it comes to restaurants, this salsa is the bee's knees in comparison to any restaurant in town.




Dad’s Salsa


7 cans Rotel tomatoes, slightly drained
1 C. chopped cilantro or to taste
1 jalapeno pepper-minced
1 habanero pepper-minced
1/2 lemon
1/2 lime

Open the Rotel and keep the lids on the can to drain. Drain until the juice is just dripping. There will be some juice left in the tomatoes.

Pour 4 cans Rotel into a large bowl.
Pour 3 cans Rotel into a blender. Blend for about 20 to 30 seconds. Pour over tomatoes in the bowl.
Squeeze juice from the lemon and lime into the bowl over tomatoes.
Add cilantro, peppers to the bowl and mix well.

Chill overnight so the flavors will blend.


When I can find a serrano pepper, I add it in addition to the other peppers.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment